- Rulemaking to develop, and judicial review of, ambient air quality
- Obtaining Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD),
Nonattainment New Source Review (NSR), and minor-source NSR
permits for the construction of major new facilities and for
modifications of existing facilities in industries such as chemical,
petroleum refining, iron and steel manufacturing, foundries, pulp and
paper, and wood products.
- Applicability determinations and other interpretations of New Source
Performance Standards (NSPS) and of National Emission Standards for
Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs), including Maximum Achievable
Control Technology (MACT) standards.
- Delisting of hazardous air pollutants (HAPs).
- Negotiation and adjudication of Clean Air Act Title V operating permits
- Trading of emission reduction credits (ERCs) and of sulfur dioxide
(SO2) allowances under the acid rain program.
- Administrative and judicial challenges and defense of construction and
- Defense of enforcement actions involving NSR, PSD, NSPS, VOC
regulations, opacity limitations, and the like.
- Defense and prosecution of citizen suits addressing air pollution
- Litigation and rulemaking concerning regulation of greenhouse gas
- Lobbying for recognition of carbon sequestration and joint
implementation for purposes of the U.N. Framework Convention on
- Counseling clients on policies and programs to address climate change,
as well as corporate disclosure of climate change risks and